Traveling

Get to Adventure Island – Tampa

September 12, 2014
Waterpark in Tampa Bay - Adventure Island

Disclaimer: As a Busch Gardens ambassador, my family was invited to visit Adventure Island. We received four free day passes in exchange for this review. I was not compensated monetarily for this review. All opinions are my own based on my experience.

This was my first visit to Adventure Island in Tampa. Yep, the last time I went to a water park was close to five years ago when we went to Aquatica for my niece’s birthday. The girls were so young, and it was overwhelming to say the least having two toddlers running in opposite directions. So I figured now that they were older, I would be able to relax a little and enjoy.

If you read my blog, then you know I really like Key West. Imagine my surprise when I walked in the park and saw this.

key west in adventure island

Key West is closer than you think at Adventure Island.

Having just been to Key West seeing this sign made me so happy. Walking into Adventure Island was almost like being in Key West. The 30-acre water park is decorated in an island theme with pink and light blues and lots of greenery. I really enjoyed the water walkways between the pools to keep your feet cooled. And so did my kids. ๐Ÿ™‚

Adventure Island

Riding the Lazy River in Adventure Island.

We enjoyed the lazy river which seemed to go forever. My favorite part was going through the “greenhouse” with the sprinkles. I think the girl’s favorite part was the Splash Attack play area with the massive bucket on top. It was a challenge to get them away until they remembered we hadn’t been to the wave pool yet.

Adventure Island

Plenty of places to relax at Adventure Island.

Another thing I enjoyed of Adventure Island is the fact that you can bring your own cooler and enjoy a nice lunch in one of their many shaded picnic areas. I think the best area was right before you get to the Splash Attack. There are lots of mature trees covering the entire area giving it a nice shady, almost woodsy feel to the park. ย They also offer cabanas and chickee huts for more comfort. Adventure Island now offers a Caribbean Coin which is a wrist band you can load up with cash or credit card and use it as a form of payment.

water slide water park Adventure Island Tampa

Having fun on the water slides at Adventure Island.

While we were there I overheard other people’s excitement because there were no lines. And it was true, we didn’t have to wait at any of the lines! So, if you want to hold on to summer try to get to Adventure Island before they close for the season. Their last day open for this season will be September 28th. Adventure Island is super easy to get to.ย If you are coming from Orlando, you can take I-4 to I-75. If you are coming from the St. Pete area, you can take I-275 to Fowler Avenue.

• Reply Amy Albers September 12, 2014 at 1:03 pm

Water walkways – what a great idea!!! My boys would love this place for sure! Thanks for sharing!
    Amy Albers recently posted…When A Dog Is NOT A Runner’s Best FriendMy Profile

• Reply Lisa September 13, 2014 at 11:07 am

I love the fact that it isn’t overly crowded and that there weren’t any lines!!

• Reply xiomeeks September 13, 2014 at 11:39 am

I know! It definitively made for a happier experience.

• Reply Heather @ Housewife Glamour September 13, 2014 at 10:50 pm

I love Adventure Island!! I went to school in Tampa and went there all the time during the four years I lived there. So much fun! Thank you for the memories and for linking up with Friday Favorites. Have a great rest of the weekend! ๐Ÿ™‚
    Heather @ Housewife Glamour recently posted…Friday Favorites #54: Week of 9/12My Profile

• Reply Louida September 14, 2014 at 6:01 pm

I travel down to Orlando often and I’m surprise I never heard of Adventure Island, maybe because I go to Orlando during the winter months. Looks like a fun and relaxing place to soak up some sun and lounge around. #ProductReviewParty
    Louida recently posted…Product Review Weekend Link Up Party #ProductReviewParty #27My Profile

• Reply Stephanie Pass September 14, 2014 at 6:28 pm

That looks like fun! We love to go to our local water park and hang out in the lazy river.
    Stephanie Pass recently posted…Fall Recipes: Mini Cakes and Slow Cooker Mulled Apple CiderMy Profile

• Reply Kate September 15, 2014 at 3:48 am

This looks like so much fun!
    I can’t see your link to the link up anywhere ๐Ÿ™ Am I missing something really obvious? Haha.
    Kate recently posted…Daily Diaries #29My Profile

• Reply xiomeeks September 15, 2014 at 8:21 pm

I’m adding it now. Sorry. ๐Ÿ™‚

• Reply krystal September 15, 2014 at 8:00 pm

Gosh I haven’t been here in years! I remember spending weekends here when we had season passes. Easy entertainment!
    krystal recently posted…Confetti Push Pop Recipe with M&M’s #HeroesEatMMs #ShopMy Profile

• Reply xiomeeks September 15, 2014 at 9:14 pm

I can’t believe this was my first time there!

• Reply 2014 Recap - it was a fun year! - xiomeeksxiomeeks January 2, 2015 at 9:45 am

[…] In 2014, I was selected as Busch Gardens blog ambassador. I was invited to their water park in Tampa, Adventure Island. We’d never been there, so I wasn’t sure what to expect. All in all, we had a great time. The weather was great, so we were able to enjoy the park without any of the so common to Florida afternoon showers in the summer. You can read more about our visit here. […]