Running

Weekly Workout Roundup: Week 4 Half Marathon Training

September 14, 2014

I’ve been slowly getting my routine together so I can run the Red Ribbon Half Marathon in Lakeland coming up in November. After a few weeks of quasi committed running, I finally decided to get it together and stick with it. ย  As always, my “coach” is my trusty Nike+ app. It hasn’t failed me yet, so why change right? If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. ๐Ÿ™‚

nike+

Weekly progress chart with nike+.

Last week’s goal was to Build Strength according to Nike+. I was supposed to run 20.75. I came close. Ran a total of 19.21. Not bad for my first week of determined half marathon training.

Sunday, 9/7 – 3.01 mi run

Monday, 9/8 – 3.1 mi run

Tuesday, 9/9 – 4.03 mi run

Wednesday, 9/10 – Cross train day, except I took it as my rest day.

Thursday, 9/11 – 2.04 mi run ( I overslept. I was supposed to run 3 mi)

Friday, 9/12 – 7.03 mi run (Had 8 on the schedule)

Saturday, 9/13 – Rest day, except I rode my bikeย for about 14 miles to market and back home.

Yuba bikes

Riding my yuba bike to the market.

But I think the best part of my nike+ app is being able to see what my friends have been up to. Some friendly competition never hurt anybody, right? I can honestly say I’m pretty happy about being ahead ofย Pavement Runner. I know its not going to last for long, but I’m definitively enjoying it. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Nike+ app

Leader board on nike+ app

I actually had the pleasure of meeting him while we visited San Francisco last summer. He was nice enough to slow down and run at my pace for which I’ll forever be grateful! If you have a chance, go check out his blog. He’s always running a giveaway of some sort and has great tips! And with that I say good night. I have 6 miles to run tomorrow morning.

How was your week in workouts?

Do you use a special app to keep track? Which one?

Have you tried the Nike+ app?

• Reply Katrina September 15, 2014 at 1:23 pm

Way to go this week!

• Reply xiomeeks September 15, 2014 at 9:15 pm

Thanks girlie! I’m trying!

• Reply Axel (@ Iron Rogue) September 15, 2014 at 5:16 pm

Pavey is the best! I’m looking at Yubabikes now… thanks for bringing them to my attention!
    Axel (@ Iron Rogue) recently posted…Race Recap: Lakeside Sprint TriathlonMy Profile

• Reply Amy Albers September 15, 2014 at 6:13 pm

You are kickin’ it! I have also been quasi-committed but it’s time to put on the big girl workout panties and stick with it!
    Amy Albers recently posted…Another Battle in The Mommy Wars: To Volunteer or Not To Volunteer?My Profile

• Reply xiomeeks September 15, 2014 at 9:14 pm

Thank you! It feels like it always takes me about a month to get on a routine.

• Reply Pascha September 15, 2014 at 8:25 pm

I use the same app! Good for you. You’ve inspired me to get back to running. No marathons for me…just to get fit.
    Pascha recently posted…7 Essential Fall Wardrobe BuysMy Profile

• Reply xiomeeks September 15, 2014 at 9:13 pm

You should look me up! I love to find new friends on it. ๐Ÿ™‚

• Reply MJ @ Daisy & June September 15, 2014 at 9:05 pm

I am on day 8 of my new work out program. Today’s workout nearly killed me but I pushed through! I love watching you track your progress! it helps me keep going!
    MJ @ Daisy & June recently posted…Big Time Sale at ModCloth!My Profile

• Reply xiomeeks September 15, 2014 at 9:13 pm

Absolutely! I love that I can go back years with my nike+ app and see how much I’ve improved. Good for you for sticking with it!

• Reply alyssa September 15, 2014 at 10:48 pm

WOo-hoo! Way to be a badass and take on the world of training. <3

• Reply Aleshea September 15, 2014 at 11:48 pm

Ohh, you are doing so good keep it up.

• Reply Pavement Runner September 16, 2014 at 1:41 pm

hahaha… thanks for the mention and kind words. It was really fun to run with you and I guess I had better get out and run some more… ๐Ÿ™‚
    Pavement Runner recently posted…Rolling and Working Things OutMy Profile

• Reply Kristin September 16, 2014 at 6:37 pm

I’ll have to tell my hubs about this. He’s training for a marathon right now!