Everything Else

October: Six things I’m looking forward to

October 4, 2014

October is here. And it hasn’t stopped raining in Plant City for what feels like weeks. I thought we were supposed to get cooler weather, but alas. We’ve been getting lots and lots and lots of rain instead. While I’m more of a summer person, I love to go to the beach and we take summer vacations, the rest of my family loves the Fall. More specifically, they love October. So, here’s a list of the six things we are most likely to be doing this October.

Six Things I’m looking forward to in October

1. Busch Gardens Howl-O-Scream Cursed

Remember how I have an ambassadorship for Busch Gardens? Well, they’ve invited me to visit their Howl-O-Scream event this Fall. Busch Gardens turns to the dark side this Fall for Howl-O-Scream Cursed. An evening where the 300 acres includes horrifying hunted houses. And as if that wasn’t enough Busch Gardens is offering Evil Upgrades with tours and VIP experiences. I think I’m most excited about riding Falcon Fury at night!

Howl-O-Scream runs Thursday through Saturday nights, Oct. 2-Nov. 1. Howl-O-Scream 2014 will also be open on Sunday, Oct. 19. Operating hours are 7:30 p.m. to 1 a.m.

2. Zooboo

Zooboo 2012

Every year the Tampa Lowry Park Zoo turns into a haunted zoo for the little ones. The event runs through November 1st. We’ve gone almost every year with our kids and their friends. It’s really a nice and not too scary event for the little ones.

3. Epcot Food and Wine Festival

Epcot Food & Wine Festival

Last year, I ran the Food and Wine Half Marathon at Epcot. After running 13.1 miles, the park stays open and you can eat and drink your way through the park. Now that I’m thinking about this, I’m wondering why didn’t I sign up again for this! This year, we’ll be going to the Epcot Food and Wine Festival sans the running. 😉

4. Fox Squirrel Corn Maze

corn maze

The Fox Squirrel Corn Maze is located in Plant City, it opens Saturday and Sunday only from October 4 – 26. There’s a corn maze of course, but they also have vendors, pony rides and last year they had a butterfly garden.

5. Dracula Untold

A good “scary” movie is always fun around Halloween time. Looking forward to seeing this one.

6. Tampa Cyclovia

While this event is not “Halloween” related, Tampa Cyclovia it is happening in Tampa on October 19th. Kennedy Boulevard will be closed from Nebraska Avenue to Tampa Street to allow bicycles, skates, people to “own” the street. This will be a car free environment for all ages. There will be interactive safe pedestrian and bicycle activities as well as food trucks and it is all FREE!

7. Finally but not least, Halloween!

One thing we love about our neighborhood is trick or treating on Halloween. There are so many kids outside on Halloween it’s difficult not to keep smiling!

What are you looking forward to in October?

• Reply Natalie October 6, 2014 at 1:35 pm

The Tampa area has some really cool things going on this month. I’d love to see Busch Gardens at night, but I’m SO easily scared–I’d probably end up hiding in a bush all night! 🙂
    Natalie recently posted…Traveling with a ToddlerMy Profile

• Reply xiomeeks October 7, 2014 at 6:22 am

I’ve been to Busch Gardens at night during their Summer Nights event. You should try it! It’s so cool riding the roller coasters at night!

• Reply Nicole @Nici'sChatterBox October 6, 2014 at 3:54 pm

You must be living near by I live in Riverview. We’ve been to Epcot a couple weeks ago and some people certainly had their share of wine. I once again won’t go to Howl o Scream, just too terrified of it. Also didn’t know that they have a corn maze around here! Awesome!
    Nicole @Nici’sChatterBox recently posted…John Snow’s CapeMy Profile

• Reply xiomeeks October 7, 2014 at 6:21 am

I must confess I’m easily scared. But my brother invited me to go with a bunch of his friends so as long as my husband comes along I’ll be alright. 😉

• Reply Michelle October 6, 2014 at 4:02 pm

I’m looking forward to all the family fun this month as well! We love the Lowry Park Zoo, definitely a favorite for our family. I’m in SWFL, just a couple hours South of you! Happy October!!!!!

• Reply xiomeeks October 7, 2014 at 6:20 am

The Lowry Park Zoo is such a great place for kids. My girls love going there.

• Reply Tiffany Khyla October 6, 2014 at 5:33 pm

That Howl-O-Scream looks crazy fun and scary! I wish I could go! The zooboo sounds like a fun idea too! I’m sad that I live in a place that doesn’t have a zoo. It’s so tragic. And I love corn mazes! I try to go every year. They’re so much fun!
    Tiffany Khyla recently posted…My Dog and I Have the Same Personality.My Profile

• Reply xiomeeks October 7, 2014 at 6:19 am

I love corn mazes too. I’m so happy this one is so close so the girls can experience it.

• Reply Whitney Mills October 6, 2014 at 7:04 pm

Wow, sounds like a lot of fun festivities for October! Such a beautiful time of year!! Have fun 🙂

www. Fashionabella.com

• Reply xiomeeks October 7, 2014 at 6:18 am

Thank you! I almost feel like this is my “summer list” all over again.

• Reply Lisa K October 6, 2014 at 8:32 pm

Epcot is already my favorite Disney park, but throw in a food and wine festival, and whoa! Sounds amazing! Have fun. 🙂
    Lisa K recently posted…FrenchBox Review + Journal Swap Link UpMy Profile

• Reply xiomeeks October 7, 2014 at 6:18 am

It really is amazing!

• Reply Shannon October 6, 2014 at 8:44 pm

I can’t wait to go to Food and Wine in a couple weeks!
    Shannon recently posted…Closet Organizing: Part 1My Profile

• Reply xiomeeks October 7, 2014 at 6:18 am

Yay! You are going to have so much fun. I wish I could go back every weekend!

• Reply pascha shepard October 6, 2014 at 10:08 pm

I am looking forward to changing my closet, the corn maze and hot chocolate.
    pascha shepard recently posted…My New(est) LipstickMy Profile

• Reply xiomeeks October 7, 2014 at 6:17 am

I was trying to get my sweaters out the other day, but then I remember it’s still too hot in Florida! 😉

• Reply Brenda @Schooling a Monkey October 7, 2014 at 12:39 am

These events look really fun! I hope you have a blast!

• Reply Julie October 8, 2014 at 12:06 pm

Ooh what a fun list of things to look forward to this month 🙂 Halloween month is awesome!
    Julie recently posted…A letter to my beginning blogging self (guest post at Texas Women Bloggers)My Profile

• Reply Jill @ Ripped Jeans & Bifocals October 8, 2014 at 7:29 pm

These all look super fun but how did I not know Epcot had a food & wine themed half? I’m not in Florida but that’s going on the wish list for destination races.
    Jill @ Ripped Jeans & Bifocals recently posted…Comfort Food – VIP Corn CasseroleMy Profile

• Reply xiomeeks October 9, 2014 at 9:34 pm

Yes! Their half-marathon was the reason I started running half marathons!