Everything Else

Taking Stock

October 24, 2014

Drinking : caffe latte with pumpkin spice syrup
Reading: The other story by Tatiana de Rosnay. Just picked it up at the Library. Don’t know anything about it other than it sounded interesting. Still in the very beginning but I like it so far.
Wanting: cooler weather so I can wear leggings and boots.
Looking: for cute Halloween treat recipe ideas. Last year’s “ear wax” was a hit!
Playing: Spirit of Life by Blackmill
Sewing: I wish
Wishing: I was going to Puerto Rico for Thanksgiving. Seeing my family and eating all that food!
Enjoying: riding my yuba bike with my kids
Waiting: for the Holidays
Liking: PowerCrunch bars they remind me of these cookies I used to eat growing up.
Wondering: what to get my husband for Christmas
Loving: Revlon ColorStay lipsticks
Hoping: to see my mom soon. She’s only 2 hours away, but sometimes it feels like she’s in a different state.
Marveling: how quickly this year is coming to an end
Needing: a new dishwasher. Ours was probably less than 2 years old. Got any recommendations?
Smelling: the coffee I just made
Wearing: pajamas
Following: the Florida gubernatorial race
Noticing: how different my kids are
Knowing: Daylight Savings Time is almost here
Thinking: about my half marathon in 15 days
Feeling: hopeful
Bookmarking: Bike and Pedestrian Safety websites
Giggling: about all the funny things my girls say. Like how one wants to go to the University of Georgia because they have UGA as a mascot while the other one wants to be the team captain of the basketball team at the University of Florida. She doesn’t even play basketball!

Inspired by Keira, who was inspired by Sydney, who was inspired by Pip

• Reply Kay @ Kay Bueno October 25, 2014 at 12:41 am

Oh man. I hate remembering that Christmas is coming up. I love getting gifts for my boyfriend, but he’s impossibly hard to buy for. I know it’s going to take basically a month for me to figure it out.

Love your list!
    Kay @ Kay Bueno recently posted…Work work workMy Profile

• Reply xiomeeks October 27, 2014 at 5:55 am

Yeah, it doesn’t get any easier once you get married either! 😉

• Reply Heather {Woods of Bell Trees} October 25, 2014 at 4:04 am

Ahhhh daylight savings! I totally forgot about that! I was just noticing how early the sun was setting, I wasn’t quite ready for it to get darker even sooner! Eek!
    Heather {Woods of Bell Trees} recently posted…Fall in MemphisMy Profile

• Reply xiomeeks October 27, 2014 at 5:55 am

Me neither! I really like coming home and having a couple of hours before it gets dark.

• Reply Jen Lawrence October 25, 2014 at 10:34 am

This made me think of when my mind races with everything I need to do, want to do or have going on. This is a list! I’m ready for daylight savings time, I need my additional hour back. Lol!
    Jen Lawrence recently posted…Day 1: Niche Parent Conference ReflectionsMy Profile

• Reply xiomeeks October 27, 2014 at 5:54 am

As much as I’ll enjoy getting that extra hour, I will not enjoy the sun setting earlier. I don’t like coming home in the dark.

• Reply Whitney Mills October 26, 2014 at 6:20 pm

Lots of things going on in your world! It’s making me start to think a lot 🙂

• Reply xiomeeks October 27, 2014 at 5:54 am

This time of year it always feels like a great time to check on all those things we planned to accomplish at the beginning of the year.

• Reply Lysha @ Magnolia Mom October 27, 2014 at 9:34 am

These posts are so insightful. Best of luck on your half marathon!
    Lysha @ Magnolia Mom recently posted…Minute Maid Park {Houston, TX}My Profile

• Reply xiomeeks October 27, 2014 at 12:22 pm

Thank you! It’ll be here before I know it.